Confused about Montessori education?
Wonder how to best support your child’s learning in a Montessori way?
Concerned about whether Montessori education is the right choice for your child and family?
In this Kids Talk online course, you’ll move from uncertainty to confidence and clarity as you learn to see your children’s growth and development the way a trained Montessori teacher sees children.
This course rolls out in six weekly sessions, each about 50 minutes long. Each session is divided into short activity segments varying from 2 to 12 minutes in length.
You can proceed through the course at your own pace.
You’ll find it easy to discover and experience the Montessori difference.
Plus…you can ask me questions throughout the course for a personal reply!
Currently this course is closed.
What parents are saying…
Your mission, if you choose to accept it, is to spend six hours over the next twelve weeks to see your child the Montessori way.
You’ll move from uncertainty to confidence and clarity about how children and families learn and grow the Montessori way.
Your mission is accomplished when you request an attendance certificate!
Learn to see your child the Montessori way!
Week 1: Seeing From The Child’s Point of View
Our starting place focuses on helping you see from the child’s point of view, a child working hard to develop skills and experience to become an independent adult.
You’ll learn how to observe various behaviors in your child in order to see “behind the curtain” of natural and normal development.
Your child’s behavior is driven by time-sensitive developmental needs and you’ll learn how to recognize those needs and support them.
You’ll feel more confident in how to understand your child’s behavior and how to redirect that behavior.
Each weekly session contains a practical parenting tip in your Parent Toolbox activity segment.
In your Parent Toolbox segments you’ll learn how to help your child avoid discouragement, the main emotion behind “misbehavior”.
Each week, you’ll find famous Kids Talk put-it-into action tips that you can start using right away!
Week 2: Seeing From The Child’s Point Of View
During the second week we’ll continue looking at situations from a child’s perspective.
Our children’s behavior is driven by developmental needs, and we’ll consider several of those needs. Understanding developmental needs can help you understand your child in an entirely different way.
In our Parent Toolbox activity segment, we’ll consider why being friendly to error will help you have a happier child, and make you a happier parent.
Week 3: Busting Montessori Myths
What is Montessori education? And what is it not?
You’ll get expert explanations to help you quickly dispel any misconceptions that you might have heard about Montessori education. You’ll also find clear definitions of Montessori education, philosophy and history.
It’s hard to sort through all the “stuff” that is out there today.
You can rely on Maren’s guidance to save you time and avoid misdirection, so you can feel confidence and clarity about your child’s Montessori experience.
In your Parent Toolbox you’ll learn about the power of positive statements and learn an easy game to play with your child to reinforce your clear directions.
Week 4: Why Does the Montessori Method Work?
As you learn to see from your child’s point of view and begin to feel confident of your understanding of what Montessori education is and is not, you’ll find out about key Montessori principles.
Montessori principles are universal principles of teaching and learning. You’ll appreciate how these principles can be applied to aspects of your life, too, not only to your child’s learning experiences.
You’ll feel empowered to explore these principles and apply them in your home and larger community.
In your Week 4 Parent Toolbox you’ll discover why any unnecessary help is a hindrance to your child’s development.
After this session you’ll understand when you should engage with your child, and when you should stand back and watch.
Week 5: Montessori Principles-More Than Teaching
Montessori principles are universal teaching and learning principles that support essential growth and learning for a lifetime for both children and adults.
You’ll discover how Montessori teaching principles engender trust and respect, and how they form an action plan for learning activities with children
You’ll see how Montessori principles are different than Montessori techniques, and how misapplied principles and techniques can affect you and your child’s Montessori experience.
You’ll be equipped to better understand the activities in Montessori learning environment and how they dovetail with your child’s developmental needs at just the right time.
In your Parent Toolbox you’ll discover how helping our children to “do it myself” is one of the best parenting contribution we can make. Plus, that tip works with adult children, too!
Week 6: Assuring Success
Many times we come upon difficulties when we “don’t know what we don’t know”.
We’ll finish up this course by looking at some aspects life that might create stumbling blocks on the road to raising a child.
You’ll take a look at the power of free choice and freedom in human development.
You’ll be asked to take a look at the “big picture” of your child’s development and how you might avoid some pitfalls, as well as, how you might make this journey a bit easier for your family.
Life is problems, and you’ll learn about an important problem-solving tool that helps to get situations to win-win at school, at home, or on the job.
In your Parent Toolbox you’ll see how to help your child exercise free choice to foster cooperation.
At the end of this course you qualify or a six-hour attendance certificate that may count towards continuing education credits.
- This workshop is on-demand, online and available to you 24/7.
- Register now and you’ll be taking the course in minutes.
- You’ll also have ongoing access to this course and to me.
Here’s the first activity segment that tells you about this workshop.
The video presentation above on your computer, tablet, or smartphone.
Download the MP3 file below.
Download the transcript handout below.
Look at everything we cover in this course!
Weeks 1 and 2: Seeing From The Child’s Point of View
Our starting place focuses on seeing from a child’s point of view. You’ll learn to observe various behaviors in your children in order to see fundamental principles of child development.
For example, we’ll consider the child’s love of the adults, the child’s attachment to the environment, the child’s sense of becoming, sensitive periods, the four planes of development and more. Our starting place focuses on seeing from a child’s point of view.
- Introduction: About You and Your Child – What Do You Want To Learn?
- Activity 1: The Child’s Natural Love Of The Adult
- Activity 2: The Child’s Love Of Place
- Activity 3: The Child Is Always Becoming
- Activity 4: The Child Has Time-Sensitive Opportunities For Growth
- Parent Toolbox: Avoid Discouragement, Apologize
- Activity 1: The Child’s Actions Are Development Driven
- Activity 2: Children Seek To Create A Flow Of Activity
- Activity 3: Imagination In The Young Child
- Activity 4: Using A Child’s Positive Psychology
- Activity 5: The Child’s Love Of Nature
- Activity 6: The Spiritual Role Of Family
- Parent Toolbox: Be Friendly With Error
Week 3: Busting Montessori Myths
In this session, we’ll bust some Montessori myths to help you see more clearly what Montessori education is and isn’t.
- Activity 1:Defining Montessori
- Activity 2: MYTH Montessori Kids Do Whatever They Want
- Activity 3: MYTH Montessori Schools Are Only For Rich Or Smart kids
- Activity 4: MYTH Montessori Classrooms Are Too Structured/Unstructured
- Activity 5: MYTH Montessori Schools Don’t Allow For Play
- Activity 6: MYTH Montessori Schools Don’t Allow For Creativity
- Parent Toolbox: Using Positive Statements
Week 4: Why Does The Montessori Method Work?
Now the stage is set to look at why the Montessori method works by explaining key Montessori principles.
- Activity 1: The Four Planes Of Development
- Activity 2: Human Tendencies
- Activity 3: Pedagogical Principles
- Activity 4: The Prepared Environment
- Activity 5: Three-Hour Work Cycle
- Activity 6: Concentration and Independence
- Activity 7: Free Choice and More
- Parent Toolbox: Any Unnecessary Help Is A Hindrance to Development
Week 5: Montessori Principles–More Than Teaching
In this session we’ll bring together how Montessori principles support children’s development from birth through adulthood.
- Activity 1: Developing Trust and Respect Through Teaching
- Activity 2: Montessori Principles Create An Action Plan
- Activity 3: Tried and True Teaching Principles
- Activity 4: Part Two–Tried and True Teaching Principles
- Activity 5: Part Three–Tried and True Teaching Principles
- Parent Toolbox: Help Me Help My Self
Week 6: Assuring Success
In this week’s activity segments, you’ll learn key ways to make sure Montessori schooling works for your family.
- Activity 1: Free Choice
- Activity 2: Defining Freedom
- Activity 3: Seeing The Big Picture
- Activity 4: Problem Solving
- Parent Toolbox: Learning To Make Choices
- Program Summary
- Attendance Certificate Request: MISSION ACCOMPLISHED!
Enrollment is closed.
Click to Enroll Here, Total Course Fee $87.00
You’ll have on-going access to this program!
Also, you have a 60-day money back guarantee.
Register now and you can be taking the course in minutes!