NORMALIZATION: The Process of Natural and Normal Child Development
Another Montessori idea closely aligned with the child’s sensitive periods of development is the idea of the process of normalization, or natural and normal development.
You may enjoy these articles about how to see your child’s natural and normal development:
- love of order,
- love of work,
- deep spontaneous concentration,
- attachment to reality,
- love of silence and working alone,
- sublimation of the possessive instinct,
- power to act from real choice not just curiosity or impulsivity,
- trust and obedience,
- independence and initiative, as well as
- spontaneous self-discipline.